Does the church represent working-class people or are we too focused on the wealthy? During the Industrial Revolution, many saw churches as clubs for rich people. So working folks formed their own churches, unions, and organizations.
In this episode Heath Carter, professor at Princeton and author of “Union Made” and “The Pew and the Picket Line”, talks labor.
- Rerum Novarum – the decree by the Pope about labor
- Interesting video featuring Heath Carter
- The Evangelicals by Francis Fitzgerald
- One Nation Under God by Kevin Kruse
- Are labor unions Christian?
- What is Christian socialism?
- Were the apostles socialists?
- Does the book of Acts demonstrate socialism?
- What does James 5 say about the wealthy?
- What does the Bible say about work?
- What does the Bible say about asking for a raise?