S3:E40 Skye Jethani and Post-Christian America
How should Christians react in a post-Christian society?
Many theologians describe our modern era as being post-Christian. Meaning that religion was once public in the United States, and it is slowly disappearing. Is that okay? Is it possible that now is a great time to be doing ministry?
In this episode Chris interviews pastor/ author/ podcaster Skye Jethani. He’s the author of the book “What if Jesus was Serious?” and co-host of The Holy Post podcast with Phil Vischer. Skye’s wisdom for this time helps Christians put today in perspective.
- What is meant by the term “post-Christian”?
- Do you think we’re living in a post-Christian world?
- How do our environment and culture impact Jesus’ words in the Sermon on the Mount?
- What does it mean to love our neighbors? Turn the other cheek?
- Do you agree with Skye when he says that we are to obey our leaders, and yet we are the leaders in the US?
- If so, how does that impact how you live and work?
- Have you ever lived in an environment that was non-Christian? How does that differ from a culturally Christian area? Was it easier to do ministry in one over another?