Can Christianity and politics mix?
Christians throughout history have responded to politics in different ways. In our modern era, it can seem like Christianity and Republican politics are one and the same. But what do we do when the Bible clashes with our political party? What if our economic model leaves no room for the poor?
Author and theologian Kaitlyn Schiess joins us to talk about her book, “The Liturgy of Politics“, as well as how we can heal as a church. Can Christianity and politics mix? The answer depends on how we see that pairing.
- How have you seen politics and Christianity mixing in the US?
- Is there are healthy way for Christians to engage in politics?
- How have your politics informed your ideas of the poor?
- Do you think that all poor people are lazy?
- How can your local church reach out to people who look/speak/act differently that you do?
- How have you see Kaitlyn’s four false gospels play out in your life and church?