Rasputin – the rogue monk who changed the face of the world. Or did he?
Grigory Rasputin was a wandering monk from Siberia. A peasant. A long-haired man with a family. Through a series of connections with powerful people, he became the right-hand man of Nicholas II, the Russian tsar. Some claimed that he had the power to heal. He was also a known philanderer.
Rumors of his relationship with the tsarina ran rampant. He, a peasant, may have influenced military decisions in WWI. The man was everywhere all at once–until he was brutally murdered in Petersburg one dark night. They tried cyanide and nothing happened. The shot him, and he fled. Who was this mystery man? What was his impact on Russia? On the Christian church? Listen to this special episode to find out!
Our goal is to become the best Christian podcast out there. We can only do that with your financial support. You can donate on Patreon and Paypal. Every little bit helps!
- NYT Article about the Tylenol/ Cyanide debacle
- CDC Post about Cyanide
- The Romanovs by Simon Sebag Montefiore
- Who was Grigory Rasputin?
- Was Rasputin married?
- Was Rasputin poisoned?
- What is cyanide?
- What are the effects of cyanide?
- How did Rasputin die?
- Where was Rasputin buried?
- Did Rasputin sleep with Alexandra?
- Was Rasputin responsible for the downfall of Russia?